Sunday, April 19, 2009

Vintage Lovelies-Vanity Fair Camisole







I purchased this a few weeks ago because of its lovely, sherbet-esque colour and edging of lace.It is delectable yet with an ever-so bad girl aura, something that you could picture the sultry Dorothy Malone donning--then doffing,off camera,of course--in a late 'fifties film.
Although the cami itself dates to that period, its condition is perfect.I love the recycled aspect of vintage clothing but only when they are of well-preserved quality:snagged,soiled or otherwise damaged pieces are simply junk.ETSY is a great place for discovering vintage and upcycled/repurposed treasures if you are in solid command of your clothing size and body type.
I also have no great love or patience for sorting through disorganized racks of tacky clothing, which is the bane of many a vintage store.Last weekend, my mom and I hit a few such places in our downtown walk.Housewares,books, albums, artwork and all manner of knickknacks always seem well-organized in second hand establishments. There is, unfortunately, rarely a guiding hand to be found in the laying out of the clothes-racks.It is a true treat indeed to happen upon a vintage retailer who has the keenness and sensibility to merchandise clothing in an attractive and accommodating manner.
On the above shopping frolic with my mom, I would have been deliriously happy if I had needed to fill up a suitcase to start my new life on a Fundie Compound (floor-length, Peter Pan-collared dresses, anyone?).Instead, it was ridiculous sans sublimity.Time-wasting excursions like this--minus the appreciated bonding time with my mother--make me turn to Etsy more and more for vintage clothing needs and wants.

CAMISOLE: Vintage 1950's by Vanity Fair-from STELMADESIGNS

1 comment:

  1. Very cool blog and wow....that package arrived not too wrinkled up at all. I am so glad you liked your cami. Nothing like vintage lingerie to make a girl feel super sexy I say! Thank you so much for featuring my shop; kisses from Stelma Designs

    ReplyDelete