Thursday, April 16, 2009

Austen Family Cooks/Recipe:Individual Ham Loaves

This was my first Easter as a carnivore in nearly a decade.As always, I spent the day at my Grandparents' house, amongst family.The spread, what less lucky folk would call a meal, was sinfully amazing:I savored its every facet. The centerpiece was my Grandmother's Individual Ham Loaves. If you have never experienced ham loaf, don't be scared off by the mundane name. It is a true delight.I suggest that you rectify this oversight as soon as practicable by preparing the below recipe. Enjoy!!

INDIVIDUAL HAM LOAVES

2 POUNDS GROUND HAM
2 POUNDS GROUND PORK
2 EGGS
1 CUP CORNFLAKE CRUMBS
1 8-OUNCE CAN CRUSHED PINEAPPLE
1 TABLESPOON CHOPPED ONION
1/3 CUP BROWN SUGAR, PACKED
3/4 CUP MILK
SALT AND PEPPER

FOR COATING:
1/2 CUP CORNFLAKE CRUMBS
1/2 CUP GRAHAM CRACKER CRUMBS

Combine all ingredients and form into 12-15 small loaves. Roll loaves in a combination of 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs and 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment