Monday, April 6, 2009

SHHHH......Cooking in Progress

I have been unexpectedly inspired by the weather's current nasty turn. It is mid-Winter chilly, just in time for the start of America's favourite warm-weather sport,baseball.Peering through the windows today, at various times, one could find freezing rain, snow or hail.
My flat was a brisk 61 degrees when I walked through the door a couple of hours ago: the result of the heat being, ever so optimistically, turned off. Clad in pajamas, I cozied up in my favourite reading chair, family cookbook on my lap, with the intention of finding a yummy and warm family favourite to write about. I had no plans to actually, well, cook. I have already had a long, crammed day. Relaxation was, I thought, my ideal.
However, luck of the highest order smiled on me when I saw the recipe. One mental scan of the contents of my larder and, ten minutes later, I am about to hit the kitchen in my fuzzy Eeyores and dice and crumble my way to an Austen family classic. Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment