Friday, April 17, 2009

Arming Myself for Summer Through Fashion
















Craving a new bag is one of my reliable indicators that a fresh season is here. For a few weeks, I have been dreaming of lovely bags in all manner of colours vivid and patterns exquisite.While I enjoy skimming through magazines and boutique racks, I am a girl lucky enough to possess a sewing Grandmother.
My Grandmother quilts.I have been gifted with four of these creations over the years. She also sews dishcloths,tote bags, purses, hot pads and pretty much anything we request.My Mother, who works for an Interior Design business, is blessed with access to amazing fabric samples that are no longer needed.
She crafted this chic bag just for me. It is upcycled from a rich, luxe fabric originally used to fashion drapery for a sweet confection of a baby girl's room.I am in love with the pattern. It would be ideal for a boudoir or dressing room if, alas, I had such a space!I also adore the purple that makes up the base and the striking contrast of the striped lining.
I will carry this bag for the next 6 months. Only the call to Autumn will wrench it from my shoulder. Until then, it will truly be the only accessory necessary to make a statement chic, bohemian and daring. Thanks, Grandma!!

No comments:

Post a Comment