Friday, March 13, 2009

Movie Star Shoes
















I bought this pair of pumps last weekend. It was love at first glimpse. I was desultorily scanning the clearance shoes at Target--I write desultorily because I did not really think that they would have any size 5 1/2's--when I spied these babies. As all women know, some articles--whether clothing or accessories--are so perfect for you that they practically have your name written on them. That was the case with me and these shoes.


They remind me of Classic Hollywood, circa 1935. When I tried them on in the middle of the aisle on a busy Saturday, I was thinking of Jean Harlow or Ginger Rogers. The stitching, the width of the heel, and the old-fashioned bows scream (casually) dancing with Fred or verbally sparring with Clark.

I initiated them today, in casual Friday mode with a pair of denim trousers,and I could not possibly have felt more sophisticated or put-together.

SHOES: XHILARATION (TARGET)

No comments:

Post a Comment