Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hello Gorgeous


Hello, Spring! I am ready for you, oh so ready for you! My pale legs are ready, too, and my arms are asking to be bared. My haircut is new and my makeup is seasonal. My dreams have been of warm weather since Winter's onset, all those months ago: months of such cold and wind that time itself seemed frozen.

While my soul is singing, a couple of hold-outs have yet to fall in line: shoes and wardrobe. I will not be performing a wholesale massacre of my clothes but it is time for sweaters and long-sleeves, tights and boots to go into hibernation. I have a wish-list of covetables a mile long, all of which are windows to Spring and Summer.

With so many options, covering every need, want and wild whimsy, I am starting small. I made my first warm-weather purchase today, bought off of Etsy. Strictly speaking, as it is a belt, it is not season-specific. Yet it is white satin-- which fairly screams that the weather has turned.

It is vintage (old=environmentally friendly, don't you know), darling, versatile and, the greatest lure of all, be-bowed. One of the upcoming additions to 1000 Follies will be bits about my personal style so you will, doubtless, see it a number of times. Until then, here is a photo of it from the Etsy site of the seller, ERNGRN. Many thanks go out to her for sacrificing such a lovely, happy piece. If I was her, I would definitely have kept it!!
PHOTO: ERNGRN (LOVE GRANNY) on Etsy.Click on the photo to go straight to her shop.

1 comment:

  1. Nice description, wonderfully written. I like Etsy too. Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete