Sunday, September 20, 2009

EMMY AWARDS-RED CARPET-LIVEBOG -Hour 2

7:00-Amy Poehler. Black. Strapless. At least her gown has an interesting silver detail around the bust.

7:01-Kaley Cuoco. I finally got a better look at her red-gold metallic number. It is like liquid and is quite lovely and sexy without being over the top. Perhaps I am prejudice since I love her show. Nah, the dress really is all that.

7:03-Wow! Not black! Thank you Vanessa Williams in a turquoise, old-Hollywood number.

7:04-Dove grey is a very hard colour to pull off but Kate Walsh does it very well.

7:05-Sandra Oh's strapless, pale gold dress is perfect. I really love her crazy, fashionista footwear choice: red shoes. She is one of those women who take risks with their clothes. They don't always pay off, but they did tonight. Bravo!

7:09-Apparently, only white chicks dig vampires. Thanks for that clarification, Nene.

7:10-I want to get a closer look of nominee Rose Byrne's beige-y, lacey, princess number. I just think I might like it. Hopefully, she will oblige by winning so that I can get a better view.

7:14-The Lonely Island guys! I love them--especially Andy Samberg ( one of my not-so-secret crushes).

7:16-E! is scrolling all kinds of trivia and quotes at the bottom of the screen. Only upon reading the words "Blake Lively on the difficulties of being an actor" was I reminded that she does, indeed, act. I have a tendency to confuse her with reality "stars" such as Lauren Conrad or Heidi Montag. So sorry, Blake. Really.

7:19-Kudos to Kyra Sedgwick fo wearing pale pink (alhtough I personally do not like the colour).L'Wren Scott is not one of my favourite designers but Kyra looks lovely.

7:20-'American Idol' judge Kara DioGuardi is wearing a white, flowy, caftan-esque gown that bears closer inspection. They are not making much use of the Glamcam 360 on tv and, when they do, it is kind of odd.It reminds me of the 3D program that Angela on 'Bones' uses to recreate human remains into a life-sized image of the dead person.

7:26-I am entirely impervious to Sarah Silverman's appeal but her dress is not bad. Strapless, dark blue, slightly New Lookish. The worst thing I can say is that it is slightly ill-fitting in the bust.

7:28-Christina Applegate's midnight blue dress is ridiculously gorgeous. It drapes perfectly and has a lovely metallic detail at the waist. This dress can come live in my closet. Please.

7:38-Blake Lively. Low-cut red Versace, great back. Silly pony-tail.

7:39-I love the back of Leighton Meester's dress, even the largish knots at the shoulders. This is definitely a love it or hate it detail. It will be interesting to see how this goes over with all of the critics; either way, I am firmly on the side of it being fabulous. She is also wearing way too much make-up, even for television. Having said that, there is only one Leighton in my life, and that is The Chef. It was very weird to type the name Leighton followed by a last name other than his.

7:41-Hayden Panetierre. Red. Interesting one-shoulder cap-sleeve.

7:42-Julia Louis-Dreyfuss. Strapless teal dress and matching Jimmy Choo heels. She looks ten times better today at nearly 50 than she did when on 'Seinfeld'. Her favourite body part? Her "big nose". Least? Her pinkie toes.

7:48-Boy bands? bad. Justin Timberlake? Very, very good. His turns on SNL are always hilarious; his guest actor Emmy was well-deserved.




No comments:

Post a Comment