Sunday, September 20, 2009

EMMY AWARDS-Liveblog-Hour 1

Neil Patrick Harris is a couple of weeks older than me so, yes, I grew up with everyone's favourite kid doctor, Doogie Howser. I did not have a crush on him because, when we were 16, he looked 12 (although so did I). However, he has grown up to be one of my favourite contemporary actors. I am looking forward to his hosting gig tonight. Do me proud, Doogie, do me proud.

8:02-White tuxedo jacket. Singing. Very cool old-school opener.

8:07-First Kanye West joke of the evening.

8:08-The show is being presented in 5 different genre segments. First up? Comedy.

8:11-11 minutes in and they are presenting an award. Whoo-hoo! Tina Fey and Jon Hamm. Tina is in black. Arg! Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series. Some unfunny business with Jon Hamm, nicknames, the nominees, and glasses. Whatever. Kristin Chenoweth for the defunct 'Pushing Daisies'wins. She is clad in a sparkly metallic mini-dress.She is perhaps the only actress on TV shorter than me. Yes, petite girls rule. Two seconds into her speech and she is a crying mess. Aww!

8:16-Cut to break. This is why these shows almost always run late.

8:23-30 Rock=Best Writing in a Comedy. Shocking, as they had nearly all of the nominations in the category.

8:26-Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series-Jon Cryer 'Two and a Half Men'. Someone not from 'Entourage' or '30 Rock' is fine by me.

8:28-Wow, a commercial!

8:34-Justin Timberlake presents the Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series. I am totally indifferent to the results of this one. Sorry, ladies, but this one is all the same to me. Toni Colette wins for 'The United States of Tara'. At least the voters went down a different path with this one. Kudos to that.

8:40-Recap of the previously awarded Guest actor/actress in a comedy (Justin Timberlake and Tina Fey).They are allowed to speak. What is the point of awarding it in the previous, un-televised ceremony if they give them air time on the main show, anyway?

8:42-Directing for a Comedy Series-Jeffrey Blitz for 'The Office'.

8:50-Rob Lowe presenting Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series. I am thrilled that Jim Parsons of Big Bang Theory is nominated. That is surely as far as he will get this year but I love that he made the list! Alec Baldwin wins. Again. Have I yet stated how sick I am of '3o Rock'? I haven't? I guess I will save that for the Outstanding Comedy Series part.

8:55-Time to genre-switch. The next theme is Reality.

8:57-Dance number courtesy of Maxsim and Karina of 'Dancing with the Stars'. Time to put the kettle on.

8:59-Outstanding Reality Host-Jeff Probst of 'Survivor'.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks , but I think Neil Patrick Harris is junior to me. Anyway, Thanks for EMMY AWARDS one and two.
    have a nice time
    bye
    Dog Life Jackets

    ReplyDelete