Sunday, September 20, 2009

EMMY AWARDS-Liveblog-Hour 3

10:03-Jimmy Fallon funny business.

10:04-I did not realize that there was an Original Lyrics category. Really? Really? Did they create this category just so that Flight of the Conchords could win something? Justin Timberlake is on 2 of the nominated skits but, alas, the Academy Awards telecast won.

10:08-Any time Ricky Gervais is on any program, ever, for any reason, is a very good thing. He is still funny as shit. 'The Daily Show'(which I love) won for something. Exactly what, I wasn't paying attention to. I was too busy listening to Ricky's funny spiel.

10:17-The final category is up: Drama.

10:21-As you have probably noticed, I am not blogging about any of the categories or winners that I do not care about. How is it, you ask, that I do not care about any of the Supporting Actor/Actress Nominees or their shows. Well, you see, I do not watch any of the shows that any of these performers are on. So, the results mean nothing to me. So sorry. The only other thing I can say is that, for some reason, the acceptance speech that the guy from 'Lost' made really annoyed me.

10:24-Proving what we have always known, Sarah MacLachlan is a sad sack. Yes, she is singing as they show the In Memoriam scroll. So many wonderfully talented people have passed in the past year. Henry Gibson, Karl Malden, Eartha Kitt, Dom DeLuise, Robert Prosky, Ron Silver, Natasha Richardson, David Carradine, Beatrice Arthur, Ricardo Montalban, Ed McMahon, Larry Gelbart, PAUL NEWMAN, Michael Jackson, Patrick Swayze, Don Hewitt, Farrah Fawcett, Walter Cronkite...to name just some of them.

10:34-David Boreanaz. Excuse me while I gape. Oh, yeah, guest actor/actress in a Drama. Ahem. Ellen Burstyn and Michael J. Fox. She always looks so regal in her drapey dresses.

10:40-Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama is kind of dominated by Oscar winning,movie star refugees. I mean, Glenn Close, Sally Field, Holly Hunter....proving that film and television really are not separate realms.

10:42-Insert overly earnest speech by Glenn Close. I really loathe acceptance speeches.

10:49-I am growing weary. They need to pick up the pace so that this baby ends on time.

10:53-Now we are getting somewhere. 2 to go. Bob Newhart is on. It is always a good sign when they bring out the big guns. He is presenting the Outstanding Comedy Series. 6 minutes and counting. Come on people. Funny joke about 'Weeds'. There are excellent nominees this year but, of course, '30 Rock' strikes again. I'm sorry but I just don't think that it is that funny. Funny, yes. THAT FUNNY, no. But that is just me.

11:01-FINAL AWARD-Outstanding Drama Series. The only nominated show that I watch is 'House' so this is a pretty unexciting category for me this year. 'Mad Men' has won for the 2nd year. Meh.





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your different kind of blogging. I am visiting your blog from last month.
    Thanks for also jimmy Fallon funny business.
    Have a nice time
    bye
    Dog Life Jackets

    ReplyDelete