Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Things I Learned Over the Weekend....While I Wasn't Writing








  1. 'Baby' sunscreen is just as effective as the regular kind.


  2. My father makes his own Kimchee (and, no, we are not Korean).


  3. That worrying is a useless diversion. It kills time, effort, and brain-cells. Usually, the things that we are worried about never reach fruition, or are vastly over-blown.


  4. A chasm of 35 years can be crossed in 90 seconds.


  5. The person who gave birth to me is still my best-friend.


  6. It is never too late to have two parents.


  7. Brothers, though they are born jack-asses, can be kind of cool.


  8. I am still fascinated by bats.


  9. Cincinnati is not entirely without its cultural benefits.


  10. I am a really phenomenal daughter.


  11. Going to the zoo is just as fun now as when I was a little girl. And I still have no interest in petting the goats, thank you.

Photos: Top:"Please,dahlings, no photographs!" Bottom: A stork.

4 comments:

  1. Brothers, though they are born jack-asses, can be kind of cool. LOL!
    I wonder how long I have to wait until this one proves true... mine is still 15 years old and quite a brat.

    My mom is my best friend too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have you been, Kate? Things have been crazy for me. The zine is coming along nicely! If it gives you some hope, my brother is only 19. He stopped being a total jackass at around 16-17. With a little luck, your brother will improve shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, Mae: Depends on the brother. Mine's 44 and still has both feet firmly planted in jack-ass country. I love him, but a jack-ass he is. -- Mykal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I think brothers are born little sweethearts, turn into little jackasses, and if we're lucky, mature to a point where their "jackassness" wears off (as opposed to it becoming their whole personality). I know a couple of examples of the latter, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete