Friday, July 3, 2009

If I Were....a Flower-Child (circa 1967)

I would:

  1. Seriously cut back on showering and compensate by dousing myself with patchouli-scented unguents.
  2. Shop at second-hand stores to find the wildest, mix-and-match old clothes imaginable. Prairie skirt and Edwardian blouse and man's striped vest? Groovy!
  3. Let my actions follow my ethics and protest things that bother me.
  4. Be a crunchy-granola vegetarian because, hey, there was no other kind then!
  5. Spend way too much time listening to music at The Fillmore.
  6. Live in a rambling old Victorian with a rotating crew of approximately 13 roommates, many of whom I do not know.
  7. Wear flowers in my hair.
  8. Have dirty, dirty feet, from never wearing shoes.
  9. Sleep with the band (s).
  10. Experiment. Ahem.
  11. Grow my own food.
  12. Paint daisies and peace signs on my face and body.
  13. Join a commune.
  14. Make things with my hands. Preferably tie-dyed things.
  15. Tune in. Turn on. Drop out.

3 comments:

  1. Too late. The cracked window that made such things fun and even possible has been repaired, leaving only dirty feet, stale patchouli, and a clean, perfect window that allows tons of light into the room but no air. The Sixties were hardly ever here anyway. As Peter Fonda says in The Limey - "It was '66 and part of '67. Then it was gone." - Mykal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mae: I forgot to say Happy Fourth of July. -- Mykal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Mykal! You, too! I am thrilled to be on day 1 off of 3. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete