Saturday, May 9, 2009

Enchanted April


In writing a few lines about 'ENCHANTED APRIL', I am flirting with the forbidden.The taboo is self-imposed so I am breaking no rules other than my own.I usually do not write about modern-era films;I leave that to others.However, 17-years after its theatrical release, 'ENCHANTED APRIL' is available on DVD.It came out a scant 4 days ago. This certainly falls under the heading of "what on earth were they thinking and what took so long?".I will definitely be purchasing a copy or, barring that, demanding it for my July birthday.

The fact that it is a period piece does give me some justification for featuring it here, which I will be doing in depth once I have the disc in hand.So, really, I am jumping the gun by saying that I am a rule-breaker. That will come later. Today,I just want to share my happiness that it is finally available.I am already dreaming of the Italian countryside,resplendent villas, aesthetic delights and witty badinage.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds interesting. Will check it out!

    Happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete