Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mommy Break

No, not that kind! My lovely Mother is visiting this weekend. It has been a bit since we have seen each other so,for the next two days, I am going to be devoting most of my time to her. I promise to take photos if we do anything interesting. I know for a fact that I will be baking a pie tomorrow. I promised Mykal of 'Radiation Cinema' to post photos of it in all of its Rhubarb Glory, as he has been experiencing some withdrawal symptoms.
I will write and post Part II of my Untitled Fiction Story late Sunday, I promise. I hope to compose 2 installments a week in future, for the duration of 5 or 6 months. Next week, I will be back to my regular output (I have slacked a bit of late, I realize!)with articles on books, classic film and lots of other odd and refreshing goodness.

2 comments:

  1. Mae: you have no idea how my ears perked up when I read the lines "I will be baking a pie soon." I will be eagerly awaiting you photos of the Rhubarb. Recently, a woman I work with baked a Rhubarb pie at my request (I was put in the mood by your recent post), and it was excellent. It will come as no suprise to you that she was raised in Ohio. I hold firm to my belief that only women from the Glorious Midwest of America can do justice to this desert. I myself was schooled in the glories of Rhubarb by a grandmother from Muncie, Indiana! -- Mykal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia's pie - her first - did her Grandmother and Great-Grandmother proud! The crust was quite yummy and of a nice consistency and the rhubarb mixture was perfect; not too runny and just the right mix of sweetness and tartness. I give it an A+.

    ReplyDelete