Monday, March 22, 2010

Cameras and Cake







I was lucky enough to spend a wonderful, and wonderfully busy, weekend with my mom. We shopped a little, ate a lot, and laughed even more. The only work-related task I accomplished was the purchase of a new, desperately needed, camera (more on that later). In appreciation of its five years of dedicated yet erratic service, I gave my old Kodak one more whirl by taking a few photographs of the dessert we made on Saturday.
Tomorrow, I will be back on task with something bookish, something cinematic, and something decorative.

Delicious Details: Thank you, England, for gifting the world with a ready-made Sponge Cake Mix. Though I love to bake from scratch, Sponge Cake is something I would never normally bother making. Enter "Green's Classic Sponge Recipe", one egg, some water, my Mother's elbow grease and voila! Robertson's Raspberry Jam is the yummy red center.

No comments:

Post a Comment